Sunday, August 15, 2010
first pizza
Pizza is sort of a baked good, and I am not a baker. I lost track of my flours some where along the way and I'm pretty sure I put too much dough in the pan. The end product was thick, doughy, and puffy. The recipe came fromSort of like focaccia. Not unpleasant but not what I was going for. Daniel refused to have any but which may certainly be because it didn't look like any pizza he'd ever had, but it may also have been the cheese and crackers he'd coerced out of me a half hour before dinner. The dough was half whole wheat/ half unbleached white flour. I made Alice Water's simple tomato sauce. I cooked it longer than the recipe called for which made it smoother and less watery. The food mill and immersion blender have been MIA since we moved in three months ago. Not a problem--the huge hunks of garlic were lovely. Maple brook mozzarella from Vermont. I need to try making mozzarella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment